Joseph Haller of Cheerleader :: Keep Art Alive :: 10 Questions Project
Keep Art Alive :: Photo by Kirby Sybert
10 Questions with Joseph Haller of Cheerleader:
1. What music (or other art form) inspires you when you create your art?
This is always a tough question to answer. I remember hearing a quote from Tom Moon; “The more you love music the more music you love.” I love music. A lot of music.
2. Long distance road trip: what three people do you invite along (fictional or non-fictional, dead or alive)?
Jon Luc Picard, Louis CK, and Cormac McCarthy.
3. What is your favorite breakfast cereal?
4. What is one thing that is hanging on your bedroom wall?
A painting of a fishbowl made by my girlfriend’s Grandmother.
5. What smell/scent evokes strong memories for you?
6. Coffee or tea?
Coffee, every morning.
7. What has been the most impactful compliment, or criticism, you have ever received?
I invited a girl I knew to an open mic night in my home town when I was in highchool. I played a cover of Radiohead’s “Motion Picture Soundtrack” and I remember her being like, “wow, you’re actually really good!”
8. Three words that describe you?
Shy, easy-going, spacey.
9. What is/was your cartoon character crush?
Probably Jasmine from Aladdin.
10. The world is ending in ten minutes and you get to listen to one, and only one, song: Which song?
The Beatles “A Day in the Life”
“A Day in the Life” :: The Beatles
Great Song choice for the “Last Song”. Have you ever Covered this Song before?
Here is Cheerleader’s Brand New Song to Enjoy:
“Feel Like That” :: Cheerleader
As always, if you like what you hear in this feature go out and support the music. Buy a song, a few songs, an album. Go to a live show. Spread the music…the love…keep the art alive. Go now go and enjoy some Cheerleader!
I want to thank Joseph Haller of Cheerleader for participating in the Keep Art Alive: 10 Questions Project.
Please remember to support the art and artists you enjoy and discover – be a part of what KEEPS ART ALIVE by going to shows, buying what you can, and supporting and promoting what you love. ALWAYS.