Photo by Marinos Milionis
Irene and Thanos of Maximum High :: Keep Art Alive :: 10 Questions Project
1. What music (or other art form) inspires you when you create your art?
It depends on my mood. It could be from Ella Fitzgerald to Jefferson Airplane, from Ramones and Social Distortion to exotica lounge and so on!
Dub -Reggae – rock
2. Long distance road trip: what three people do you invite along (fictional or non-fictional, dead or alive)?
Irene and Thanos:
Marty McFlyTony CliftonBill HicksAll of them along with the Delorean to travel through time!
3. What is your favorite breakfast cereal?
Vegan chocolate granola
4. What is one thing that is hanging on your bedroom wall?
My daughter’s artwork
5. What smell/scent evokes strong memories for you?
Sweet evening primrose smell! It reminds me of the neighborhood I grew up.
6. Coffee or tea?
Decaf organic coffee
Espresso – Espresso – Espresso
7. What has been the most impactful compliment, or criticism, you have ever received?
That I should not say yes to all the offers I have regarding musical collaboration and that I should choose my bandmates wisely. That was constructive criticism from an older musician – friend of mine – years ago, when I started singing. It took me some years to achieve it though!
8. Three words that describe you?
Organized – yes I am a freak when it comes to our band’s things to doOptimistic – I always have a positive attitude towards life and I try to see all the “problems” as gifts that will help me evolve as a personSpontaneous – I am the kind of person that will decide to visit another country in 5 minutes!
Procrastinator, perfectionist, gentle
9. What is/was your cartoon character crush?
I had a huge crash on Anthony from Candy Candy anime series when I was 8 years old!
10. The world is ending in ten minutes and you get to listen to one, and only one, song: Which song?
Rival sons: Keep on swinging
Funkadelic – Maggot Brain
It would be the perfect end of the world
You can learn more about Irene and Thanos and Maximum High on their website here.
Long Ago :: Maximum Ride
As always, if you like what you hear in this feature go out and support the music. Buy a song, a few songs, an album. Go to a live show. Spread the music…the love…keep the art alive.
I want to thank both Irene and Thanos of Maximum High for participating in the Keep Art Alive: 10 Questions Project.
Please remember to support the art and artists you enjoy and discover – be a part of what KEEPS ART ALIVE by going to shows, buying what you can, and supporting and promoting what you love. ALWAYS.