Keep Art Alive :: Photo by Faye Nightingale Photography
Becca Roth :: Keep Art Alive :: 10 Questions Project
1. What music (or other art form) inspires you when you create your art?
I take inspiration from all kinds of music, but lately I’ve been listening to a lot of Alanis Morissette. I love music with meaningful lyrics and a killer vocal!
2. Long distance road trip: what three people do you invite along (fictional or non-fictional, dead or alive)?
My therapist, my best friend, and Lady Gaga. I imagine this scenario all the time when I’m listening to music in my car.
3. What is your favorite breakfast cereal?
4. What is one thing that is hanging on your bedroom wall?
I have a CD of poetry hanging next to my mirror that was written and signed by my favorite professor and performance poet, Caroline Harvey.
5. What smell/scent evokes strong memories for you?
The smell of freshly mowed grass reminds me of playing outside in my backyard as a child.
6. Coffee or tea?
7. What has been the most impactful compliment, or criticism, you have ever received?
Probably when I played a particularly vulnerable song of mine for a class recital during college, and after I sat back down, Paula Cole came and whispered in my ear, “That was stunning.”
8. Three words that describe you?
Passionate, Sensitive, and Creative.
9. What is/was your cartoon character crush?
10. The world is ending in ten minutes and you get to listen to one, and only one, song: Which song?
“Hallelujah”, by Leonard Cohen.
Editor’s note: One of my favorite songs and artists. Amazing choice. Have you ever sung this song yourself?
Keep Art Alive :: Photo by Joseph Michael Photography
You can learn more about Becca Roth by checking out her website here.
Becca has a new single out TODAY called “No One has to Know”. It is lush and lovely and if you can hear it again/make it your own at bandcamp. It will also be available soon via iTunes, Spotify, Apple Music, and all those usual suspects.
No One Has to Know
I want to thank Becca Roth for participating in the Keep Art Alive: 10 Questions Project.
Please remember to support the art and artists you enjoy and discover – be a part of what KEEPS ART ALIVE by going to shows, buying what you can, and supporting and promoting what you love. ALWAYS.