Pavan Moondi :: Keep Art Alive :: 10 Questions Project
- What music (or other art form) inspires you when you create your art?
I generally create a very short playlist of 4-5 songs and listen to them on repeat while writing (sometimes looping a single song over and over again). Usually they’re either songs that inspire a strong emotion that I’m trying to capture within the film – and often, they end up in the film. For scenes that aren’t particularly emotionally significant I’ll generally stick to instrumental music – random Jazz, Sigur Ros, Explosions in the Sky – because it’s hard to write dialogue when you know the lyrics of the music you’re listening to.
- Long distance road trip: what three people do you invite along (fictional or non-fictional, dead or alive)?
Three strangers I can get to know on the drive.
Editor’s note: The most unique answer given thus far in this project, although my first thought is “Strangers on a Train“.
- What is your favorite breakfast cereal?
Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Haven’t eaten it in years, though.
- What is one thing that is hanging on your bedroom wall?
Edward Hopper’s “New York Movie”.
- What smell/scent evokes strong memories for you?
When I smell movie popcorn I think of working at a movie theatre in college. Had some fun times at that place. It has since been demolished.
- Coffee or tea?
I’ll usually consume both on a daily basis. Tea at home and coffee when I’m out.
- What has been the most impactful compliment, or criticism, you have ever received?
I’m usually most motivated to succeed by negativity directed my way, but I also try to quickly forget/suppress the specifics, so I couldn’t tell you.
- Three words that describe you?
resourceful; neurotic; driven.
- What is/was your cartoon character crush?
Gadget from Chip N’ Dale Rescue Rangers. What a babe.
The Garden :: July Talk
I want to thank Pavan Moondi, for participating in the Keep Art Alive: 10 Questions Project.
Please remember to support the art and artists you enjoy and discover – be a part of what KEEPS ART ALIVE by going to shows, buying what you can, and supporting and promoting what you love. ALWAYS.