Keep Art Alive :: Photos by Andrew Whitton
Keep Art Alive :: The 10 Questions Project :: Featuring Steve Nalepa, from The Acid
1. What music (or other art form) inspires you when you create your art?
Timeless, deep, unique.
2. Long distance road trip: what three people do you invite along (fictional or non-fictional, dead or alive)?
Nicola Tesla, Elon Musk and Paul Laffoley.
3. What is your favorite breakfast cereal?
Kashi Strawberry Fields.
4. What is one thing that is hanging on your bedroom wall?
Photo of my dog, Bossko.
5. What smell/scent evokes strong memories for you?
Night blooming jasmine.
6. Coffee or tea?
7. What has been the most impactful compliment, or criticism, you have ever received?
The Guardian comparing Liminal to Talk Talk – Spirit of Eden.
8. Three words that describe you?
Ableton, Roland and Moog.
9. What is/was your cartoon character crush?
10. The world is ending in ten minutes and you get to listen to one, and only one, song: Which song?
Lower Your Eyelids to Die With The Sun :: M83
Lower Your Eyelids to Die with the Sun :: M83
Gorgeous, and quite fitting for the last sound before the end of the world.
Steve Nalepa, along with Ry X, and Adam Freeland, make up The Acid. He is also an electronic musician, multimedia artist, paranormal news researcher, art book publisher & mad scientist collector based in Los Angeles. Learn more here.
I had the chance to catch The Acid last night at The El Rey in Los Angeles (review of show coming soon) and was sonically stunned by the sound and vision experience of the show. The album, Liminal, is a artistic and cinematic delight for the ears that you should give a listen to.
You should check the show out if it comes your way. Find out here.
You can learn more about The Acid via their website, wearetheacid (via Tumblr). You can also get “Social” and friend The Acid on Facebook here, follow The Acid on Twitter here, or see what imagery they share on Instagram here.
Have a listen here – and get a feel for the technological complexities and inspirations of The Acid’s live performance of Liminal:
Liminal Live Show :: The Acid
To hear more you can check out their Soundcloud here.
I want to thank Steve Nalepa for participating in the Keep Art Alive: 10 Questions Project.
Please remember to support the art and artists you enjoy and discover – be a part of what KEEPS ART ALIVE by going to shows, buying what you can, and promoting what you love. ALWAYS.