Keep Art Alive :: The 10 Questions Project :: Featuring Mason Ingram from The Last Royals
1. What music (or other art form) inspires you when you create your art?
Whatever I’m listening to on the way to the train.
2. Long distance road trip: what three people do you invite along (fictional or non-fictional, dead or alive)?
Bobby Flay (he will either make us good food or will know where to get it), ?uestlove (he can be road trip DJ), and a pug (because why not).
3. What is your favorite breakfast cereal?
Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
4. What is one thing that is hanging on your bedroom wall?
It is a rusted metal star that says “Texas” and it’s the only thing on my wall.
5. What smell/scent evokes strong memories for you?
Homeless stinky dude on the subway reminds me of when I was on the subway, the day before.
6. Coffee or tea?
7. What has been the most impactful compliment, or criticism, you have ever received?
No one wants to play music with just a nice guy. You have to be amazing. It all comes back to how you play.
8. Three words that describe you?
Thinking, working, ??
9. What is/was your cartoon character crush?
Jasmine from Aladdin, but that was partially cause she had a magic carpet and a tiger, too.
10. The world is ending in ten minutes and you get to listen to one, and only one, song: Which song?
Good Times, Bad Times :: Led Zeppelin
Only the Brave :: The Last Royals
I recently discovered, and quickly fell hard for The Last Royals, and their upcoming album, Twistification (you really have to hear it, you will love it, too!) Mason Ingram, from The Last Royals was gracious enough to answer the Keep Art Alive 10 QUestions, and I would like to give a shout out for the band, and their music.
Upcoming tour dates can be found here, as well. I am hoping that they play in the Los Angeles area soon!
Go now go and check out more of The Last Royals, listen to some tunes, check for shows near you, and buy something if you can. Keep art alive and show your support, always.