Better :: Regina Spektor
5 Things this song reminds me of:
1. Best friends and histories that only people you grow up with can understand.
2. That even at the end of a rough week, like this one, there are people in my life who make me feel so much better, and it does make it better.
3. Pianos. Though I’ve had a long-standing love affair with guitars, I think my eternal musical love belongs to the piano.
4. That pain is hard to articulate, as is fear, and that sometimes we fool ourselves into thinking that if we stay silent we will heal, we will be stronger, and we will not fall apart – but I think that we all need to say things aloud, at least to a single someone, to actually start to feel better.
5. Kissing is one of my most favorite things.