Welcome to the very first 10 Questions feature for the Keep Art Alive Project at lyriquediscorde. This feature will include 10 Questions asked and answered from artists. We will also feature links to learn more and to help support the art, as well as feature a sampling of their work.
Starting us off is Adam And Darcie:
10 Questions with Adam And Darcie
The Keep Art Alive Project
March 9. 2011
1. What music inspires you when you create your art?
Darcie – Depends on when you ask us, but here are some artist we’ve been listening to lately: Johan Johannsson, Land of Talk, Loney Dear, Buke and Gass, Summer Fiction, Directorsound, Janelle Monae, and Fleet Foxes.
2. Long distance road trip: what three people do you invite along (fictional or non-fictional, dead or alive?
Darcie -Bobby Flay, and any two of our siblings. We don’t get to spend enough time with them and well, you can always hope that Bobby Flay will cook you something.
3. What is your favorite breakfast cereal?
Adam – Does Irish oatmeal count?
5. What smell/scent evokes strong memories for you?
Adam – Pine trees… remind me of home.
6. Coffee or tea?
Adam – Any herbal tea with licorice root. Also a big fan of ginger beer.
7. What has been the most impactful compliment, or criticism, you have ever received?
Darcie – Emil Svanangen of Loney Dear, whose music we adore, told us that he listened to 2 Cities every day for a year (the original version). That floored us and still means a lot.
8. Three words that describe you; what are they?
Darcie – curious, gluttonous, focused.
9. Cartoon character crush: who is, or was, yours?
Darcie – Aang from Last Airbender. Not in a romantic way. He’s such a good kid, and such an airbending thug.
10. The world is ending in ten minutes and you get to listen to one, and only one, song: which song?
Adam and Darcie – If the world is ending we may opt for silence… try to find some peace at the end.
Thank you, Adam And Darcie, for participating in the first installment of the Keep Art Alive Project.
I urge everyone to go and check-out Adam And Darcie’s melodic new EP, Early Morning. It’s airy and hopeful, full of gorgeous harmonies and a feeling of a simpler life. This EP feels like a spring morning breeze to me. Or like a Sunday late afternoon kind mood, lazy and blissful. All the songs are sure to slide into your unconsciousness and soothe you.